Preliminary research - literature analysis, interviews, surveys, photographic documentation, analysis of media messages (P1-P5)
surveys, interviews, photographic documentation, analysis of existing sources and data
These analyzes will provide information on how "ordinary people" in local communities remember totalitarianism, how they see their impact on contemporary political and socio-cultural changes, and European integration. What European values (indicated in the EU treaties and conventions) are the most important for building a common European future. This will allow to identify the factors and scope of political, educational and social changes that took place after 2004 in the process of democratization and Europeanization of social life in partner countries (Poland, Italy, Slovakia).
- Survey and interview forms - developed by P1, P2, P3 - universities in cooperation with P4 and P5
- Surveys, interviews, data analysis are conducted at each partner in the local environment, in cooperating institutions, or on-line, etc. - minimum 100 surveys + 10 interviews
Preparation of national research reports and international report (P1-P2-P3)
- Each country (P1, P2, P3) prepares a partial report – national
- The international report will be prepared by P1
Analysis of the content of school textbooks (P1-P5)
Thematic areas of content analysis of programs, textbooks, curriculum for selected school subjects: the work of European clubs, the presence of values indicated in the Charter of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, the Lisbon Treaty, etc., EU cultural heritage, pro-European content and activities, European citizenship.
The key elements of the project are: the educational process, historical memory and social changes. An analysis of the objectives, content of school programs and textbooks and teachers' work, in the context of building civil society, will show what elements of historical memory are exposed and which are missing; what values are promoted and whether they help to build joint responsibility for the future of Europe. The educational aspect of the project is extremely important in the face of nationalist, anti-democratic and anti-European forces re-emerging in Europe. Integrated educational activities and civic education are essential action for the preservation of social order and well-being of European societies.
Preparation and implementation of training: internal for staff and training of interviewers (cascade 1), internal for other participants and teachers (cascade 2), external in the local environment among adults and students (cascade 3) (P1-P5)
Education and training
Based on the results of research and analysis, trainings on totalitarianisms, counteracting nationalisms, building civil society and pro-European activities will be conducted. The trainings will take place using the cascade method:
- st stage of the cascade - internal staff training - results: multilingual training materials
- nd stage of the cascade - training within the institution - training of multipliers, including cooperating teachers - form of work seminars, debates, workshops, micro-projects, city game, on-line materials, results: teaching / training materials, photo-relations
- rd stage of the cascade - external training in schools - multipliers conduct classes with pupils, students, people from other institutions, forms of work: scientific seminars for students, lessons for students, debates and open meetings.