Invitation to an international online scientific conference
invites you to
an international online conference:
"Shaping European citizenship in post-totalitarian societies. Reflections 15 years after the enlargement of the European Union”
Kraków 22 January 2021
The conference is the outcome of a project carried out at the Institute of European Studies, as part of the Europe for Citizens program (Shaping of the European citizenship in the post-totalitarian societies. Reflections after 15 years of EU enlargement - SHARE EU 609162-CITIZ-1-2019-1-PL-CITIZ-REMEM).
The conference will be an opportunity to discuss changes taking place in Europe in the context of:
- Transition from undemocratic systems (totalitarian and authoritarian) to democracy
- Civil society transformations within a post-totalitarian society
- Changes taking place in Central and Eastern Europe before and after the 2004 enlargement, with particular emphasis on the issue of national and European identity
- Memory of totalitarianism in post-totalitarian societies (a comparative perspective).
The conference will be organized in the format of three panel sessions:
- first panel session in Polish (9.00 am - 11.00 am)
- second panel session in English (11.00 am - 1.00 pm)
- afternoon seminar for MA students and PhD candidates (1.00 pm - 3.00 pm)
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, the conference will be held on-line on the Microsoft Teams platform.
Organizers plan to publish selected papers in the Politeja Journal – published by the Jagiellonian University Faculty of International and Political Studies.
The conference program assumes panels of up to five speakers, during which there will be an opportunity to deliver 15-minutes contributions to be followed by questions and discussion.
Hoping that you would like to take part in this conference, we kindly ask you to confirm your participation and send the proposed topic of your contribution along with the completed application form by January 15, 2021 to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference participation is free of charge.
Link to the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/389846362307148/
On behalf of the academic and organizing committee
Dr Elżbieta Mach and Prof. Joanna Sondel-Cedarmas